The World’s Largest Public Art Event
CowParade is the largest and most successful public art event in the world. CowParade events have been staged in 79 cities worldwide since 1999 including Chicago (1999), New York City (2000), London (2002), Tokyo (2003), and Brussels (2003). Dublin (2003), Prague (2004), and Stockholm (2004), Mexico City (2005), Sao Paulo (2005), Buenos Aires (2006), Boston (2006) Paris (2006), Milan (2007), Istanbul (2007), Taipei (2009), Margaret River, Australia (2010), Austin (2011) and North Carolina (2012), Hong Kong (2013), Valenciennes (2013), Hartford (2014-2015), Detroit (2014), Cartagena (2015).
- It is estimated that over 250 million people around the world have seen one our famous cows.
- Over $30 million have been raised through worldwide charitable organizations through the auction of the cows, which take place at the conclusion of each event.
- Over 10,000 artists worldwide have participated in CowParade – professional and amateur, famous and emerging, young and old.
- How many cows? Over 5,000 cows have been created and have been seen by over half a billion people on six continents.
Host a CowParade.
Click Here to bring CowParade to your city.
Special Event Coming to Detroit.
Calling all Artists. We are inviting Detroit’s premier artists and craftsmen to participate in an ‘udderly’ unique event. CowParade and the American Cancer Society (ACS) have partnered to bring 14 cows to the Motor City as part of the ACS Cattle Baron’s Ball. Click Here for more information.
- Submission Deadline: August 20, 2014
- Artist Selection: Ongoing, August 15 – 30, 2014
- Cow Painting October 1 – 31, 2014
- Cows “On Parade”: November 2014
- Artist Fee: $1,000, if selected and cow purchased/sponsored
CowParade Comes to Hartford!
About CowParade’s 15th Anniversary. That’s right. CowParade turns 15 this year. Beginning in Chicago in the summer of 1999, Cowparade has been to
over 75 cities around the world the past 15 years. Over 2,500 one-of-a-kind cows have been created by over 5,000 of the world’s finest artists, designers and craftsmen. Through the auction of the cows at the end of each event, CowParade has raised over $25 million to support over 100 non-profit organizations globally. To celebrate, we now bring the cows to the home capital city of CowParade – Hartford, Connecticut, USA.
Click here for more about this exciting event.