CowParade Coming To Shanghai
We are pleased to announce the launch of CowParade Shanghai 2014-2015 beginning with a kick-off event scheduled for late September 2014. The kick-off event will feature the introduction of the first official artists and cows of CowParade Shanghai. It is expected that over 500 cows will be created as part of this historic, 80th CowParade event. CowParade Shanghai 2014-2015 will be produced by Shanghai Media Group and Halcyon Gallery. A major player in the media industry, Shanghai Media Group has been promoting new cultural concepts…(Click Here for More Information)
Special Event Coming to Detroit
Calling all Artists. We are inviting Detroit’s premier artists and craftsmen to participate in an ‘udderly’ unique event. CowParade and the American Cancer Society (ACS) have partnered to bring 14 cows to the Motor City as part of the ACS Cattle Baron’s Ball. Click Here for more information.
- Submission Deadline: August 20, 2014
- Artist Selection: Ongoing, August 15 – 30, 2014
- Cow Painting October 1 – 31, 2014
- Cows “On Parade”: November 2014
- Artist Fee: $1,000, if selected and cow purchased/sponsored
Click Here to bring CowParade to your city.
The World’s Largest Public Art Event
CowParade is the largest and most successful public art event in the world. CowParade events have been staged in 79 cities worldwide since 1999 including Chicago (1999), New York City (2000), London (2002), Tokyo (2003), and Brussels (2003). Dublin (2003), Prague (2004), and Stockholm (2004), Mexico City (2005), Sao Paulo (2005), Buenos Aires (2006), Boston (2006) Paris (2006), Milan (2007), Istanbul (2007), Taipei (2009), Margaret River, Australia (2010), Austin (2011) and North Carolina (2012), Hong Kong (2013), Valenciennes (2013), Hartford (2014-2015), Detroit (2014), Cartagena (2015).
- It is estimated that over 250 million people around the world have seen one our famous cows.
- Over $30 million have been raised through worldwide charitable organizations through the auction of the cows, which take place at the conclusion of each event.
- Over 10,000 artists worldwide have participated in CowParade – professional and amateur, famous and emerging, young and old.
- How many cows? Over 5,000 cows have been created and have been seen by over half a billion people on six continents.