The final evaluation of China’s 19th National Design Master Award and the Benniu Cup Creative Design Competition will be held on July 18th in Shanghai, China.
Professor Lin Jiayang, founder of the National Design Master Award, and Jerry Elbaum, founder and Chairman of CowParade, will lead 11 final judges from the fields of fashion, culture and art to conduct a final review of the designs.
The National Design Master Awards Organizing Committee organized a call for entries to the country’s top and aspiring artists and designers. They were challenged to create designs utilizing CowParade’s selection of three cow shapes. Exactly 9097 cow designs have been received in addition to thousands of designs submitted for the Benniu Award and the Jin Award.
The panel of judges will select 20 winning cow designs for the CowParade part of the competetion.
Stay tuned to CowParade.com for photos of the winning entries and the life-size cows to follow.
About the National Design Dashi Award
It is a design competition with the broadest scope, the greatest number of participants, and the longest history in China.
- Since it was established in 1998, there have been 18 successful design competitions with a total of 104,154 entries, among which 15,584 have obtained national patents in industrial design and 5,300 have been awarded at the outstanding level or above.
- Participants include students, teachers, professional designers, and others from more than 1,000 colleges/institutions in 23 provinces, 4 direct municipalities, 2 special administrative regions, and 4 autonomous regions
- Entries participating in the competition range across graphic design, industrial products, environment landscapes, clothing, industrial art, animation design, and intelligent interactions
- The theme of the competition is closely connected with the pulse of the time. It allows the public to witness the impact of design on important stages of the development of China. It has successfully collaborated closely with government institutions and well-known companies such as the Beijing Olympic Committee, the Shanghai EXPO, the Shanghai Pudong Region, the Zhangjiang Creativity Park, Siemens of Germany, Hong Kong Shui On Group, Jiangsu Little Swan, Zhejiang Guyue Longshan, Dongyang Woodcarving City, Jingde Zhen City and Taizhou City.
- Judges are important domestic and international figures with great impact such as renowned professors, design masters, and industry leaders. By adopting review standard and concepts with a global perspective, it impacts the direction of the development of design in China.
The competition’s mission is to be is the most authoritative design competition in China.